We are now accepting applications!
The Sikh Mentorship Program (SMP) is designed to connect Sikh professionals with Sikh students (16+) who are seeking guidance and direction academically or professionally. Over the years, we have made hundreds of connections. Alongside mentor-mentee matching, the SMP will also include workshops, panels, and networking events. Learn more about the expectations and responsibilities of mentors and mentees below.
Should I Apply to the Mentor-Mentee Matching Initiative?
You should apply as a mentee if you are a Sikh student (16+), graduate, or early professional looking for academic or professional advice.
You should apply as a mentor if you are a working professional looking to give back to the community and support the next generation of Sikhs.
Expectations & Responsibilities for Mentors and Mentees
- Meet with your mentee for at least 1 hour a month (this can include giving a tour or a visit to your workplace, if possible)
- Encouraged to attend other SMP related events
Apply here to be a mentor.
- Set up meetings with your mentors, including providing an agenda and specific questions prior to each meeting
- Respond to your mentor in a timely fashion and be mindful of your mentor’s time and other responsibilities
- Attend SMP events and workshops which will be announced at later dates
Apply here to be a mentee.
Do you like this page?